Partnership & Exchange Programs
Paula has been an advisor at ASU since 2006 and previously advised ASU students in Barrett, The Honors College, the College of Health Solutions and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts. She found a true passion for international travel and saw firsthand what a formative experience studying abroad is for students.
- B.A. Sociology; South Dakota State University
- M.A. Sociology; Arizona State University
- Backpacked solo across Europe after completing her master's degree program (France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Ireland and the U.K.)
- Studied abroad in Cuernavaca, Mexico while a Spanish advisor at the University of Minnesota; went on a site visit to Toledo, Spain
- Site visits to New Zealand and Australia to assess ASU student program options in both countries
- Owns a second home in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico
Why Paula works in study abroad: It is rewarding to open students' eyes to the possibility of studying abroad and to see what a life-changing experience it is for those who do study abroad.
Advice for students preparing to go abroad: Be prepared to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly.
One of the most important lessons Paula learned while studying abroad or traveling: As a woman, I felt very empowered by what I was able to accomplish studying abroad and traveling alone. It was inspiring to see women from other countries around the world doing the same thing. By conquering challenges presented to me, I felt like I could accomplish anything.
Office Hours: Wednesdays 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Thursdays 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Phone: (480) 727-6701
Need an appointment outside her availability? Send her an email to request one.
Meet with Paula to discuss year-long, semester and summer partnership and exchange program options in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia and Switzerland. She also advises incoming exchange students from mainland Europe.
To make an appointment online:
- Click the Request an appointment button above.
- If you have not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- You will see an email/information request page; your information will be automatically generated.
- Click Click to Request An Appointment in the center of the screen.
- The current week will appear with time slots of appointments available. To look at future weeks, click on Next Week in the top left corner.
- Click the time period that works best for you and then OK.
- You will be re-directed to the email/information request page. Please enter any specific questions you have about studying abroad, including which programs you are considering and what term you plan to study abroad. Please also include your ASU affiliate ID number (if you have one) in your appointment request.
- Click Send