How to Apply
The application process for all ASU study abroad programs is facilitated online through the Study Abroad Office website. For information on how to apply to participate in a non-ASU study abroad program, please click here.
Applying to an ASU Study Abroad Program
1. Start your application. As soon you have identified the best program for you, you may click the “Apply Now” button on the web brochure for the program. Click here to view application deadlines.
- After clicking the “Apply Now” button, you will be asked if you are “currently a registered user at ASU with ASURITE login credentials.” ASU students should answer “Yes” and click to continue. If you do not have an ASURITE UserID, answer “No” and contact the Study Abroad Office International Coordinator for your program before continuing.
- When prompted, sign in with your ASURITE UserID and Password.
- Before accessing the program application, you will be required to input your mobile phone number. After submitting that information, you will be directed to your online study abroad program application.
2. Complete the Pre-Decision application requirements. Each program application includes the following requirements, all of which must be marked as “Received” by the application deadline listed for the program:
- My Tasks. Specific items you must submit to SAO, fees you must pay through your ASU student account, or other tasks that you must complete outside of the online Program application. These items can only be marked as “Received” by SAO staff. You can click on each of the Tasks in my online Program application to view specific instructions and/or documents that you must print, complete and submit to SAO.
- My Signature Documents. Items that you must read carefully and sign. You can click on each Signature Document in your online Program application to view and digitally sign, indicating your agreement and understanding. Once you have signed each Signature Document, it will automatically be marked as “Received.” If you are younger than 18 years of age, you will not be able to sign these documents electronically. Instead, you will be required to print these documents and secure a parent or guardian signature, sign and deliver the form to SAO.
- My Online Forms & Submissions. Online forms that you must complete or items that you must submit electronically by uploading to your online Program application. You can click on each of the items in this section of your online Program application to provide the required information. You may begin one of these items and save it for later completion, but you must click "Submit" in order for the item to be marked as “Received.”
- Resources. Important information that you must carefully review. You can click on each of the links in the Resources section of your online Program application to review the information and mark these pages as “Read.”
- Mandatory Quizzes. SAO often needs to determine how well participants understand specific Resources provided in the online Program application. You can click on each link in this section of your online Program application to view and complete the required quizzes. You must successfully complete these online quizzes in order to remain eligible to participate in the Program.
3. Wait for the status of your application to change. Your application will have a status of “Pending” until the Study Abroad Office has processed your application, and has reached a decision on the status of your application. The status of your “Pending” application will be updated to one of the following, once the Decision Date for the Program has been reached:
- Accepted. If the status of your “Pending” application changes to “Accepted,” you have completed the Program application, you meet all program eligibility requirements, and SAO is willing to endorse your participation in the program. However, you are not yet considered a participant in the program until you have confirmed your participation by “committing” to the program. Terms of confirming participation in the Program are in the Once Accepted section.
- Waitlist. If the status of your “Pending” application changes to “Waitlist,” you have completed the Program application and you meet all program eligibility requirements, but SAO is not able to consider your participation in the program unless and until another place in the Program becomes available.
- Denied. If the status of your “Pending” application changes to “Denied,” you have completed the Program application, but were not selected for participation in the Program.
- Withdrawn. If the status of your “Pending” application changes to “Withdrawn,” SAO has withdrawn your application for the Program because you did not complete the application requirements or because you clicked the “Withdraw” button next to your Program application on your Applicant Home Page.
As soon as the status of your “Pending” application changes to “Accepted,” you have moved into the Post-Decision phase of the application process. The next time you login to access your application, there will be a number of additional steps for you to complete, in order to remain eligible to participate in the program.
1. Confirm your participation in the Program. It is extremely important to note that you are not yet considered a participant in the program until you have confirmed your participation by “committing” to the program.
- To confirm your participation in the Program, you must click the “Commit” button in the “Confirmation of Participation” panel on the top right side of the online Program application. This panel will not appear in your application until your status changes to “Accepted.” It is important to make the decision to confirm your participation carefully.
2. Complete all Post-Decision application requirements. After the status of your application changes to “Accepted,” you will be required to complete new application items (Tasks, Signature Documents, Online Forms & Submissions, Resources and Mandatory Quizzes) that are only made available to “Accepted” students.