Student Pre-departure Orientation Information
Before going abroad, students receive comprehensive pre-departure orientation, including the following:
1. Through the ASU Study Abroad Office website, students are required to complete a mandatory online pre-departure orientation that covers finances, academics, cultural adaptation, health and safety abroad.
2. Through the ASU Study Abroad Office, students are required to attend a mandatory in-person pre-departure orientation meeting, where an International Coordinator or Faculty Program Director covers:
- Payment matters
- Financial aid and Scholarships
- Registration/Academic matters
- Travel, packing and logistics
- Health and safety
- Culture stress and intercultural development
- Q & A session
- Guest speakers, when available, such as returned ASU students or current ASU exchange students from the foreign destination or host institution.
3. ASU students preparing for study abroad also receive a comprehensive Study Abroad program Handbook, including information on passport and visa requirements, safety and security, academic success abroad and other topics.