How do you choose the best program for YOU? Below are tips on what to consider when choosing a program.
- Do you need to complete major, minor, elective, or language credits? Be sure to discuss your study abroad program with your Academic Advisor.
- Would you like to focus on a new area of study during your program?
- Would you prefer to take classes led by an ASU faculty member with only ASU students? Faculty-Directed Programs are for you.
- Do you want to take classes in English with local students, international students, and American students while having access to on site professional staff? This program structure is usually available in Partnership Programs.
- Do you want a very independent experience while taking classes at a local university in the local language? This can be found through Exchange Programs.
- Are you interested in an internship, research, or service learning opportunity as a part of your program?
- Do you have a specific culture, region, or country of interest?
- Would you prefer a traveling program with multiple destinations?
- Would you prefer to live in a major metropolitan area, a small city, or a rural area?
- How much time do you want to spend abroad – a couple weeks, an entire summer, a semester, an academic year, or a calendar year?
- How much flexibility do you have for when you can study abroad? Can you only study abroad during a specific term?
Would you prefer to live with a host family, with local students, with other U.S. and international study abroad students, or with other ASU students?