Register Your International Travel

Access pre-trip resources, insurance and emergency support for ASU students

COMING SOON - Check this page for updates

Beginning in the fall 2018 semester, ASU will provide a secure system for students traveling outside the United States and its territories to record international travel plans and contact information. This convenient service will support emergency communications and give registered travelers access to valuable international health, safety and security resources.

Icon 1
Be Informed

Icon 2

Be Prepared

Icon 3

Be Protected

What are the benefits of registering?

  • Travel Intelligence. Access mobile-ready international travel intelligence and expert risk analysis and advice - before and during your international travel - about things like immunization requirements, safety risks, emergency services, LGBTQIA traveler concerns, and political stability/unrest.
  • Emergency Communications. Access 24/7 ASU emergency response services and enable ASU to reach you in the event of an emergency – abroad or at home. The travel registration system is ASU’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.
  • International Health Insurance. Get covered by ASU's international health insurance program and access resources that will help you manage your medical needs abroad. This coverage also includes emergency evacuation in the event of political instability or natural disaster.

Who is required to register travel?

All ASU students (and faculty/staff members accompanying ASU students) participating in University-Related Travel outside of the United States and its territories.* University-Related Travel includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:

  • Research, experiential learning (e.g., international internships, co-ops, volunteering, service-learning), independent study done abroad, or any other international travel that is part of an ASU class or for which the student receives ASU resident credit;
  • International travel sponsored by or affiliated with ASU or an ASU student organization (this applies to both affiliated and independent student organizations registered with EOSS);
  • Any other international travel by students for the purposes of officially representing ASU, such as participation in an academic or professional conference.

Register your travel


For those paying the International Travel Service Fee directly. Once travel is authorized, charges will be billed to your ASU student account. 


For those who have been pre-approved to have an ASU college/dept/school pay the International Travel Service Fee (through a grant or otherwise).


For ASU faculty or staff members leading or traveling abroad with one or more ASU students on University-Related Travel.

*Students/faculty/staff traveling abroad on programs administered by the ASU Study Abroad Office are registered in a separate system.