While most ASU study abroad programs are available only to degree-seeking ASU students, some programs may be available to non-ASU students. Any non-ASU student interested in participating in an ASU study abroad program should contact an International Coordinator in the Study Abroad Office to discuss available options.
Steps to Study Abroad for Non-ASU Students
- APPLY for admission to ASU as a non-degree seeking student. In order to be eligible for participation, all non-ASU students must first be accepted to ASU. Click here to view admission requirements for non-degree seeking undergraduate students. Click here for information for non-degree seeking graduate students. IMPORTANT NOTE: Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid through ASU. Financial Aid students should inquire with their home institution about the portability of their aid package.
- SEARCH the Study Abroad Office website and/or visit us.
- CONTACT the Study Abroad Office International Coordinator for your selected program(s). You may take this step at any time during this process. Be sure to identify yourself as a Non-ASU student. Click here to schedule a phone, Skype, or in-person appointment.
- CHOOSE your program carefully. Review our tips for choosing your study abroad program for tips on selecting the right program for you. Keep in mind that Non-ASU students will NOT be eligible for participation in any ASU Exchange program.
- APPLY for your program by the deadline posted on your selected program page on the Study Abroad Office website. Once you are admitted to ASU, you may begin your study abroad program application by clicking "Apply Now" on the page for your selected program. When prompted, log in with your new ASURITE UserID and Password.
- SUBMIT all required application items by the posted deadlines, following the instructions provided. Be sure to include an unofficial transcript from your home institution.
- PAY your non-refundable $50 Application Fee, which will be charged to your ASU student account.
- APPLY for a passport if you don’t already have one. Consider visiting the ASU U.S. Passport Acceptance Office to apply for, or renew, your passport.
- CONFIRM your participation in your selected program by clicking the “Commit” button. This option will not be available to you until you have been accepted into your selected study abroad program.
- COMPLETE all required pre-departure orientation activities.
- APPLY for a student visa for the country you are going to (if required). Information on your visa requirements (including important links) will be provided to you by the Study Abroad Office.
- PAY your final study abroad Program Fee, which will be charged to your ASU student account.